The worst truck pull I have ever attended

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only difference in the rules were all classes except the Open Modifieds can run NO2, propane and water, and the 2.6 class could have front hanging weight.

Did anyone notice after Terry Copass tried and tried to take off with no luck what they were doing with the sled? When he finally got going down the track and every 2.8 truck after that, they raised the pan up off the track for the first 3 or 4 feet so that the trucks could get taken off from the starting line, then raise the front wheels back up off the ground. The pan was sticking to the ground on the starting end from the all the sticky mud and thats why they couldn't get taken off.

I have been to and participated in the truck pulls in hillsboro ohio for quite a few years. It is a great time with well run events and tech department :rules:is top notch. It would be wise to take some of the suggestions made by the man who helps put on the pulls here. The latest we ever pulled in hillsboro was about 2:30 in the morning one year, and that was because of the sheer volume of trucks pulling. Track prep was always top notch, and the people were well behaved for the most part. The guys that run this pull deserve a pat on the back!

Also here is my question! I was kicked out of the 2.8 class for not having a transmission blanket. But here are scheids 2.8 rules from last year and this year!

Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bellhousing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.

And im pretty sure that we all know that a VP will not spin 4500rpm or more! Im not whinning so if you are getting ready to say that STFU! But come on, its like you guys were trying to turn away truck so that you could get this thing done with. How many trucks with 2.6 chargers did you make pull in the 2.8 class because they have intake horns? I know there was one 2.6 truck you guys turned away that was a 2.6 truck that had an intake horn that you dq'ed him for that! Where is that in the rules? And when he tried to pull 2.8 he got dq'ed because he did not have a blanket!

Last edited:
unbroken just feels as though he has to defend everybody and keep a smile on his face and this is a horrible habit. When events are this big they need to run perfectly otherwise things like this happen such as the event not being over until the sun comes up. There were obviously mistakes and reason to talk about them because thats what these type of internet sites are for, to talk about things. I also dont think it was your place to call the pullers whiners when you are neither a puller or a racer. The only group you fall under is a diesel groupie. If you actually competed in something and were apart of the event you might be whining too.

Diesel groupie ? Moderator hat in the trash..............
Kiss my ass

I've been doing what I can when I can for more than a few years now. I make myself available at every event to do whatever needs to be done.
If that's not good enough for you....screw you.

so when did the pull actually end...was it 5am or what...we stayed and watched the first few 2.6 and 2.8 pullers then got the heck out of there...
My brother made his pull at 4:30, there was 2 trucks and Big Bad Dodge still waiting, we left the fairgrounds at 5:20 and I still hadn't heard BBD run yet... I might have just not heard him, but we were parked pretty close to the track, and it's not hard to hear him....:st:

well u can tell who has never been to a real truck pull but that was my first diesel event and i have watched anitques pull faster than that pull went. To everyone that didnt see. but around 4:00 they were cutin the grass off the track
I've been top plenty or "real" pulls
And at least get your facts straight with the times....they were turning the dirt when I got there at 1:30 or so....I was out walking it myself.

And at least get your facts straight with the times....they were turning the dirt when I got there at 1:30 or so....I was out walking it myself.
in flops? LOL LOL LOL

if they started at 130 they dont know what the hell they are doing because that track was ****. track crew must have started drinking then.

i was from wen they started till 530 in the morning they didnt even start building the track till 5 and the pull was supposed to start at 6 it doesnt matter that the drags didnt happen or the traffic there isnt traffic on the track they coould have worked that into a good track but wen the front of the sled constantly jumps down the track thats just pathetic

I liked the dozer "driver" that was diggin the nice ruts in the track attempting to move way more dirt that a D4 shoud ever do.

I seen them playing with the track way earlier in the day. Looked like they decided to cut the 1st foot off of it to make it to decent ground after smoothing the surface didnt work.

I've been doing what I can when I can for more than a few years now. I make myself available at every event to do whatever needs to be done.

That's kinda the definition of a groupie. You may be a good one though! :hehe:

D4???? That guy thought he was on a D11... We kept walking up there through the day wondering when they were gonna start working with the track.. I thought wow the sun is shining a little lime and the machinery they had we were gonna have a nice track WRONG! Hmmm I smell another DHRA in the making.... I perosnally think as a pullers point of view the only way they can save this event is if they get another organaztion to run the pull and even if that works. After turning vendors away and the bs they pulled. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

LMAO!
We didnt' hook till 4:00... That track could have been way better, where was the Lime? 20-30 minutes between pulls? You left very early there was times when it was 20-30 minutes before you would see a truck pull. This pull was Horrible we will not be back next year.

We got there at 1 pm went looked at the track went up to the guy asked if he scraped the mud off before he disked it he said no it will dry. We told him we do dirt work for a living and there was no way in hell it would dry. Asked if he was going to use lime he said what is lime what do you need that for???? Yeah they had a great guyin charge of the track. Then at the drivers meeting they said they told the guy to cut 6in off in the am and as you can see he didnt.

i was there at 9:30am and they were starting to till the mud. anybody that has been around a dirt job know thats you can't till mud under and expect it to hold up. you got to scrape the mud off. then try to make the track hard when you find some decent dry dirt. there are people who know how run equipment then there people that know how to move dirt. they could have been pulling trucks by 4 if they had someone knew what they were doing

did anybody see sled for the mods get stuck trying to back down the track before they pulled?

ts was a big fail for 3 reasons. #1 no drags, i understand some guy screwed the track up, it wasnt the crews fault but it still sucked. #2 the pull was ridiculous. why werent they working on the track at noon or even earlier? we all knew the track would be a swamp. why wasnt anything being done earlier? Last but not least, i personally had the most fun riding to TS in the huge convoy and drinking beer in the parking lot friday night.
i will definitely be back next year but i sure hope that they get their sh*t together because that was the least organized pull i have ever been to. little fairgrounds pulls were more entertaining than that

so 6 1\2 hours to prep a track that should have been done at least a day ahead 1:30 to 8:00 LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL:hehe::hehe::hehe:

did anybody see sled for the mods get stuck trying to back down the track before they pulled?

I was rolling at that.:hehe:

When I was there at 1ish they had the tractors out with boxes on the back doing god knows what. Sometime after that I seen one ripping or discing.

I dont think they started cutting the mud off until 4(?) at the earliest.

If you can do beter...go for it...but ragging on people that worked their asses off to get things together as best they could is childish and petty.
You sled pullers got it all figured out....you can ALL do it better than anyone else.
You sure are a bunch of ungrateful sons of b1tches.

I say there's no way the TS crew could have won this one.
If they cancelled the pulls you'd all be crying...if they put the pulls on you still cry.
Hey...at least this way a few people won a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.